Sunday, August 4, 2013

Read, Think, Write

READ
THINK
WRITE
In that order, that is my formula.

I choose to surround myself with words of all kinds in order to comprehend things. Next, I must ponder them, roll them around in my brain to understand what they mean to me. Once I have captured what emotions are brought up and made them a part of my thinking brain, then I can write about them.

It is incredible to me what comes out because of this non-ending process. Many times the subconscious has a way of burying things for a long time, but then pops up at just the right time to answer questions, give more understanding or reveal something you'd never thought needed resolution. This is why I've loved rediscovering my love of writing. It is an integral part of who I am now. It's helped me reach further inside and tap into depths of myself I never even knew existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment