Thursday, January 9, 2014

I Did... I Tried... Just Can't

https://www.facebook.com/GTAtheism

The meme is trying to tell us the bible is bullshit and I would agree. The immediate take-away for me was "le sigh... yeah, I did. Silly me."

Looking back I'm still amazed that I ever tried to believe in that book. So glad I grew up and realized the manipulation of religion, learned to do proper research and how to think critically. Even though religion was not a big thing growing up, fear about the unknown was something my mother instilled in me at a very young age. She set me up for so many situations I could have easily done different had she not been so afraid herself. This anxious state of role modeling of hers took many years to overcome.

I can't tell you how many situations led me right back to opening the book rather than working through crisis moments appropriately because of the hardships being experienced. Now I understand that I can have discomfort and calm while rationally working through those life events that would like to throw a bone into my happiness mode; all without the good book. And I might also add, be much further ahead of the situation once it's under control.

Choosing rationality over superstition has been huge in my life. Here's to fear only making an entrance when it's appropriate and reasonable to be experiencing it... say like when a tiger is about gnaw down on your ass. And yes, that can happen. Because it's for realz.


No comments:

Post a Comment