Sunday, March 3, 2013

Enjoying Life

I'm a little inebriated. Enjoying my weekend, as it should be. Wine has helped with that.

The rest of my family is enjoying it the way they see fit. My husband, asleep on the couch... our dog, Olli, sleeping right next to him. My younger son, spending it with his girlfriend and the oldest, working. His experience, maybe not so fun.

I don't indulge as often as I used to because of the heart issues, and that makes perfect sense, but I still have to live a little.

My friends have made that perfectly clear to me that regardless of whatever my circumstances may be, I still have to LIVE. And if living means, enjoying it beyond the bounds of what my doctors are telling me... then by all means, it must be done. At the very least, if I'm breaking the rules, it means I'm enjoying my life.

Isn't that really what life is all about besides the day to day? Whether you decide for yourself enjoyment is about family, selfish indulging or shared enthusiasm... life is about enjoying it!

I raise my glass (thanks P!nk!) in honor of all those who fully appreciate that life is more than just about sacrifice and doing the right thing, it's about getting the MOST out of it.

I ♥ my life. :) .... and it's not just the wine talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment